Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Spider Plants and Beltane and Such

Two things.

First, I have two happy little spider plants living on my windowsill, thanks to Em. One's name is Abbot and the other is Louise. I wasn't sure they'd live, but they seem to be doing swell. They were in a baggy for over 24 hours--or at least until I was able to go out and forage for dirt. I hope they make lots of baby spider plants.

Photobucket


Second, I had a beautiful birthday party, complete with friends, tea, Indian food, book stores, and lots of practical gifts. My newest addition to my cupboard space is my new Breakfast at Tiffany's Mug, given by Holley. It's got this gorgeous yellow inside that makes coffee look the yummiest.

Photobucket


I haven't been able to blog as much as I would like; maybe this will change during the summer. And that's sad, because often I feel like my life is full of happy little magical moments that I wish so desperately to capture in writing and pictures.

I'm home this weekend for the Easter holiday. I tend to think of it as an early Beltane. It's colder here, up north four hours from college, but there are glimmers of spring here and there. I went rollerblading today and picked out the little plant sprigs amongst what's left of the snow. Mom and I went for a windy walk to gather aluminum cans, and to visit my sister where she works at a local dairy store. Between homework and curriculum writing, I'm having a nice time and enjoying the whole not-conforming-to-a-schedule thing.

Tomorrow I'm assigned to hide eggs. There's a big green one with five dollars inside that I'll take special care in hiding as difficultly as I can manage!

No comments:

Post a Comment