Friday, April 3, 2009

Debut: The Girl in Apartment Eight

Hello, all!
I suppose this is a debut blog, and I might as well give a little description before I go any further.

I began this blog for several simple reasons. First, I am coming to a great transition point in my life, that is, I shall shortly be moving into an apartment of my own.

I am a college student at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, majoring in Art Education and running for the cross country team. I am currently a freshman moving into my sophomore year, and the basis for this quick transfer to an apartment has to do with the fact that my university is expanding at an alarming rate. Much of the campus has been renovated, but the residence halls remain in tact. Thus, many of the sophomores are seeking release forms, given that there will not be enough room for the incoming freshman populace. I have recently obtained a release form, and have found myself an apartment. I shall be living alone in the apartment--it is quite small and cozy, with one bedroom and a combo kitchen and living room. I do not need much; I adore small spaces. The rent is cheap and it is close to campus and a lovely little coffee shop.

Given that this is such catalystic event, I thought it reasonable to begin a blog chronicling my adventures and experiences living out on my own. I have an inbred knack of getting into both fortunate and unfortunate adventures every day...!

Secondly, I sought to begin a blog on the basis of forcing myself to journal daily [or as much as I can!] I feel it very theraputic to write down my thoughts, and I think a blog is a great opportunity to write down my thoughts and hone my writing skills.

Things are a tad scarce around here as of now, but as time goes onward, I shall be posting more and more, and hopefully, things will take flight.

Much love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment